Hey 🙂 🙂 🙂
This post is a bit earlier than last year’s – my story is that I’m giving the universe (and you, dear reader) advance notice. This year, I got a watch (which got lost, long story), a phone on 3/3 (thanks to all the Humans of Twitter who support the work on Radio Kikuyu), time with amazing people and a stylish bag (which YB – the person formerly called T – appropriated because of what he used to call siblingly love lol).
Some of the things on the list will feel familiar. Here goes (not in order of importance):
1. Bluetooth headphones because I spend a ridiculous amount of my time listening to podcasts and music.
2. A watch, preferably one with thick straps. I love a delicate, beautiful watch same as everybody else but sijafika hapo kwa syllabus.
3. Cash. Because then one can get themselves something nice – a book, a spa date, shoes, event tickets, etc
4. Skincare products so I can put my hours of YouTube tutorials to good use 🙂
5. A camping trip. You can tell this is important because it made its way into this year’s list. As with 2016/7, Camping gear would be the gift of the year.
7. Books. My Goodreads ‘to read’ list is a good place to start. Alternatively, an Amazon gift card 🙂
8. Jewellery – I love love love earrings (though, being a creature of habit, I could wear the same pair every day) and those along with bracelets, rings, and necklaces would be lovely.
9. Kenyan art in any form 🙂
10. Subscriptions to magazines, newspapers, journals &c.
As always; time with amazing people, dinner, a donation to a charity in my name are welcome gifts.
Thank you for reading! 🙂