This is a first on this blog, I know. I am trying to be forthright about the things – or experiences – I’d like and especially on my birthday (30/01). I posted the first wishlist on Twitter earlier this year. (I got a few of the things I asked for – colouring book, TBC voucher, a Kindle for myself later in the year – & would not mind the watch, charity donation & Bluetooth headphones this year 😆.)
I’m putting it here for 2017 (long story) so here goes (not in order of importance):
1. Cash. Because then one can get themselves something nice, pay for therapy, tests, give to charity etc
2. A watch. In a world where phones show the time, one person… Update 21/12: One of my best friends told me yesterday she’d get me this.
3. Books. My Goodreads ‘to read’ list is a good place to start. Alternatively, an Amazon gift card 🙂
4. A phone. This is a very ‘out there’ request but I’m putting the ‘wish’ in wishlist, OK? 😎
5. A camping trip. Haven’t been out of the city and in a tent since April. Camping gear would be the gift of the year tbh; and it would do amazing things to my soul to be able to pitch a tent somewhere.
7. Time with someone who cares about me. This coming year will be the first in a long time when I’m not in a romantic relationship with someone. I am, for the first time in a while, pretty happy, so I’d love to make it solid by spending it with a person (or people) who love(s) me.
8. A bag like this one. I’ve thought about it for so long; it would be lovely to own one.
9. Makeup because why not. Though really what I mean is eye stuff and lip things. One step at a time 🙂
10. Subscriptions to magazines, newspapers, journals; this especially to those of us who enjoy my Telegram channel (hop on if you haven’t joined yet!).
11. A sturdy backpack because really my back may soon break from carrying a laptop in a shoulder bag.
Yes, I know some of these things feel repetitive – because, yes, I’m a simple girl – but there you have it!
Happy holidays and thanks for reading 🙂